Thursday, January 26, 2012

My First Blog on Dating before I am 40!!

My First Blog on Dating before I am 40!!

This is my first blog ever as the technology world has come full turn. Little girls writing in their diary so little brothers could not read it. Oprah told us from early in her career to journal. So many of us in this day and time have had to bend down and realize that changes must come from within. I am on bended knee realizing that no one can do the life changes but me.
A little History about Atlgirl:
I am an Atlanta, Georgia native born and raised. My family still resides here and my best friend from First grade is still my best friend. I went to school at Auburn University majored in Communications and Political Science and loved every minute of college life. I found the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with but, after 6 years ended in a nasty divorce. You never think that the man you say "I do" to would rip your heart out and slash all values your parents taught you. They are still married after 42 years.
I went on with my life dated some after the divorce but still bitter and did not trust any of the opposite sex. 
I work hard at my job as a Public Relations and Media Relations consultant. I love the day to day never knowing what the next minute will hold. I guess I am an adventure junky. My first job out of college was with the Atlanta Olympic Committee. It was amazing to meet so many people. I was the media relations director for international and national media. Then, during the games I was in charge of crisis management. Yes, my day off was when the bomb went off in the park from that day on it was crisis after crisis. 
In my other job, due to our lovely economy I coach gymnastics to girls ages 4 to 14. This job has become such a treat as they teach me sometimes more than I teach them. I realize that many of them just want the approval of an adult to say they "did a good job." The children of today are so programmed that they do not get to be kids. I was lucky I participated in girl scouts, sports etc, but I played in my backyard. I got to be a kid not have a schedule like a CEO of a company. In retrospect these kids are my life line and have kept me going through it all.    

The Mission of this blog is: To the readers of this blog to inspire others to get out there and find yourself or find that dream guy. 
The dating world has changed since 1995 or before in college at Auburn University. I like so many girls in college had to get married right out of college. We were not much different than or grandmothers, mothers before us. Was it not written in some book that women were in college to find a man. So I found the guy right out of college, like so many of my other friends, 14 to be exact. Now 10-15 years later only 2 couples still married. Wow!! I was not part of those 2 couples.
After a very messy, hurtful divorce and a vow not to date ever, reality struck. I do love the other side and realize that there are still some men out there that are not pigs.
My Goal is:
My goal is to find a gentleman who treat a lady like a lady. The guy should be honest, hard working and financially stable. I also would love a guy to be close to his parents,kids and family. Finally, a guy who enjoys sports, traveling, hanging out just watching a movie is fine and is comfortable with his faith. I have learned a lot since being married and grown up a lot.  I love to spoil the guy in my life by making him dinner after a hard day. Going up to the mountains or the beach for a quick weekend get away. Above all if he has kids to treat the kids like they are my own. It is hard enough growing up and to have divorced parents puts a strain on them which they did not ask for. All in all a guy to love life and be thankful for the relationship they will have.

This blog is to write about my trials and tribulations on dating. I am trying it all dating on line, dating out in Atlanta and beyond. I will let you follow every move I make the good the bad and the ugly. 
Please follow my journey in the dating world. See you soon.
Atlgirl 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment